Magickal Properties of Dandelion
- Sun magick
- Courage and bravery
- Dispels negative energy
- Increase psychic abilities
- Prophetic dreams
- Growth and transformation
Zodiac: Pisces and Sagittarius
Crystals: Sunstone, citrine and tigers eye
Shelf Life: 12-24 months
Dimensions: 7.5in x 0.5in x 12in
Fun Facts about Dandelion
- The name Taraxacum is thought to come from the Persians who name it Tarashquq about 900 years ago and then changed it to Taraxacum about 100 years after that.
- The name dandelion comes from the French “dent-de-lion” which translates to “lions tooth”. Funnily enough, the french word for dandelion at the moment is “pissenlit”, which translates to “wet the bed”. There is also an old English folk name which is “pissabeds”.
- Dandelion root was, and sometimes still is, substituted for coffee.
- You can make both beer and wine from dandelions. Beer is generally made from the leaves and wine is made from the flowers. Some people will make root beer with dandelion root in it.
- Many dandelions reproduce asexually, without the seeds needing pollination. This means that the offspring of a plant is genetically identical to the parent plant.
- The facts that dandelions flower abundantly and early, making them an extremely important early spring nectar source for lots of wild pollinators.
- The dried seed heads of dandelions are called a “clocks” in both American and British English. They are also sometimes referred to as “blowballs”.
- “Officinale” is a name which is only given to plants with a proven medicinal background.
- The common dandelion (T.Officinale) can indicate whether you have potassium or calcium in your soil. It loves soil which has a lot of potassium and very little calcium.
- Seeds of a dandelion will remain viable for years. A study has proved that a seed could still germinate after 9 years of storage.
- A single dandelion plant can make more than 5000 seeds a year. Each flower it produces will produce between 50 and 175 seeds.
- When picked, dandelions will weep a milky latex.
- You can make an excellent plant dye out of dandelions. The flowers make a gorgeous pale yellow and it’s possible to use the inner ribs of the leaves to make a purple-ish dye.
Disclaimer: Any medicinal benefits given here are a product of my own research and as such should not be taken over the advice of trained medical professionals. If you are ill, please go and see a doctor. Always make sure that anything you consume is 100% safe and if you are pregnant, consult your doctor or midwife before consuming something you haven’t tired before.
Please allow 3-5 to process each order and another1-3 days for shipping.
If this is a STONEware by Hicks Wrist Decor then please allow am additional 7 days for processing.
Thank you for shopping with us at SamCol by Hicks. We endeavor to do all that we can to hope you love your purchase(s). Unfortunately, due to the delicate nature of the lapel pins and accessories all sales are considered final. If your item arrives damaged or is the incorrect item, please contact email@example.com and we will gladly return send you the correct item.